Friday 30 April 2010

Eat your frog early

Three times (at the beginning of each 'trio' of plagues) Moses is told to get up early and confront Pharaoh during his morning ablutions (or whatever it was Pharaoh was doing went he went down to the Nile.)

Yesterday (at the recommendation of my sister) I looked at reviews of a book called 'Eat that frog' to see if it was worth reading. If I understood correctly the key idea is that if you have to eat a frog you should get it over with as soon as you can. Hence each day you should pick the task you really don't want to face and deal with it first thing.

So is God telling me that I should be routinely getting up early and knuckling down to something distasteful? By 'distasteful' I simply mean the kind of job which I don't particularly relish even though it is clearly important. This strikes me as a good motivational concept. The only snag is that nothing immediately springs to mind as today's frog. Perhaps something will come to me as I complete my own morning ablutions...

No comments: