Wednesday 10 October 2007

Thanks for the alarm call, Lord

As so often happens, when I sit on a comfortable sofa reading my book over lunch, my eyes start to droop and my mind starts to drift. There are two ways to go. One is to give in to sleep and grab a quick forty winks. The other is to stand up and move around to get the adrenalin pumping round again. This is not the first occasion that I have chosen the former but God has had other ideas and has intervened with a summons to get up and move.

On this occasion I had already decided to drop off at the end of the next page when the doorbell rang. J had arrived for a meeting that I wasn't expecting her to attend and was cancelled anyway. By the time I had given her a lift back home I was wide awake. Keep prodding me, Lord, when I need it.

No comments: