Monday 14 January 2008

Do be do be do.

I'm getting up early these days but this has not led to a great increase in spiritual reflection. Two reasons for this are:
  1. I don't really have a system for prayer and Bible study, so my thoughts are haphazard and my reading of the Bible confined largely to whatever passage(s) I am supposed to be preaching on next Sunday.
  2. I am more of a doer than a beer. My mind is full of all the forthcoming activities (whether trivial or important, dreaded or looked forward to, tackled or ignored) and just switching off to be with God doesn't come easy. In fact twice yesterday I had to be metaphorically dragged from my study (in one case from work in the other from idle pursuits) in order to be with my family.
And this morning is no different. I have run out of time simply to be. I've now got to get on and do.

No comments: