Saturday 26 January 2008

New Week's Resolution #5

Result of NWR#1 (rising early): 6
Result of NWR#2 (fruit and veg): 7
Result of NWR#3 (backlog before leisure): 7
Result of NWR#4 (no anecdotes): 30%
It is not easy to measure how well I succeeded in not telling a single story or anecdote or embarking on a long explanation. Sometimes I did so without even noticing. Sometimes I realised I was about to do so and held my tongue. Sometimes I realised I was about to do so but couldn't control myself and blurted out my story anyway. On the whole I did avoid anything too lengthy and never felt I was wittering on when people weren't interested. But I estimate only about a 30% success rate in keeping to the letter of my resolution. This is one I'm not going to pursue further.

(I've just discovered there's no hash symbol on a MacBook keyboard. I've had to resort to cut and paste for the title bar as well as the results list.)

During the coming week I will spend at least 10 minutes each day on my knees (literally or it doesn't count) in prayer. And 10 minutes of wandering thoughts doesn't count either!

No comments: