Monday 28 January 2008

Family Time

Although I have never numbered 'workaholism' among my faults I have begun to notice that I don't always spend a lot of time with my family. So this evening my guilt has been somewhat assuaged. I have been out with H as she learns how to operate a car without stalling it. (She passed her test four years ago but has hardly driven since.) I have sat with M on my knee as she worked through problems of tiles sliding down roofs and hitting the ground. I have watched University Challenge with S and am about to plan our walking route for tomorrow. These jobs have effectively taken the whole evening, but that's what family time surely means - time with the family.

My success as a father and husband tonight mitigates the other sense of guilt for having wasted two hours this afternoon finishing a book and pottering on the internet.

No comments: