Sunday 20 January 2008

New Week's Resolution #4

Result of NWR#1 (rising early): 7
Result of NWR#2 (fruit and veg): 7
Result of NWR#3 (backlog before leisure): 7
Even with 30 to 60 minutes per day trying to clear my desk, intray and email I still seem to have as much of a backlog as ever. But at least I don't feel guilty for wasting so much time on trivia.

My resolution for the coming week only (I don't think I'll be able to keep it up any longer) comes out of an earlier post (see here). I will not tell people a single joke, relate a single anecdote or embark on a single detailed explanation for seven consecutive days. (Not counting prepared material like sermons or nurture courses.) My conversations will therefore have to be focused more on the other person or on uplifting, interesting and enlightening topics.

No comments: