Monday 21 January 2008

From the ashes of disaster...

... grow the roses of success.

I was supposed to be running the first session in a Christian nurture course this evening. But only one person turned up. Fifty minutes late at that! It is my own fault that I have only publicised the evening in broad announcements and not in face-to-face invitations. Still, the evening was not wasted. The two of us decided to re-initiate the defunct song workshop to learn new music for singing in worship.

Whilst waiting for someone to arrive I decided to try installing an application on my new MacBook which would allow me to run Windows XP for those programs I just can't live without. This proved a lot more difficult than I had hoped and for a while looked to be impossible. However I am now making (very) slow progress. The copying of windows installation folders has increased from 31% to 35% whilst I have written this post, and if all goes well I might even have a Windows operating system up and running before midnight.

There have been moments of despondency this evening, but all is not yet lost. The night time will not last for ever. Sooner or later light will dawn.
  • Update: The installation was so slow (55% by midnight) that I gave up and tried a new approach later. It is now 8 days later and I am updating my blog by running windows from within Mac. Hurrah.

No comments: